Thursday, January 12, 2012

HUNTER COLLEGE MFA THESIS EXHIBITION 2012

I was really excited to get to see this show for HUNTER's mfa students.  I am applying to go to this school for my MFA in painting, and I thought this show would give me a good idea of what I could expect to see not only what kind of work they are looking for, but to see if my work would fit into this type of setting.  I think my work is overall more traditional than the work here, but there are a few students who were using representational figures in a more conceptual, contemporary way.  That was exciting for me to see.  This is also, as far as I can tell, the most affordable MFA program in NYC for painting, so I am hopeful to see if they like my work.   


Amanda Valdez





















 









Matteo Callegari




Tim Donald Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment