Sunday, December 18, 2011

New York Academy of Art Info Session





I attended an MFA info session for the New York Academy of Art on December 17.  It was super helpful and made me feel really excited about turning an application to study here.  
First everyone gathered in the gallery for a power point presentation where we talked about applying for the school, grant and scholarship opportunites, and looked at work of alums who were doing well in the contemporary art world.  Next we had a tour of the school, studio spaces, library and new print lab by Leipzig Summer Residency Scholar, Aliene Howell, who also answered all my questions about the school, how it ran and what it was like to be a student.

Next I had my portfolio reviewed by Peter Drake, a faculty member who gave me some ideas and good feedback about my work.  It was really helpful to know that all the work I've been doing recently for my portfolio was going in the right direction and that he liked the way I was headed.  He also gave me some tips on what might be missing from my portfolio, since I still had about 2 weeks till I had to turn in my work.  Guess I better get to work to get everything ready!

This packet they passed out to us had all kinds of information about what we needed to know for our upcoming application deadline, including a cd we could use to post our images on so we didn't even have to buy one and the business card of the director of admissions incase we had questions.

1 comment:

  1. There is always one at the NYAA, give Peter and the others my best.

    ReplyDelete