Thursday, February 11, 2010

Plein Air Paintings


This is the view looking out of my in-law's house in Leona Valley, CA.





For this view, I had to sneak through a barbed wire fence, brave some staring cows and climb a mountain. It was worth it.
























I did this and the next painting in a plein air painting class taught by Richard Hull. Our location was off Geneva Road in Provo, UT. It ended up that one of days we were out painting that a bull escaped the barbed wire fence and took off down the country road toward us! Luckily, some police reinforcement and the owners of the farm arrived to handle the situation, so no one was harmed.



I really recommend reading "Carlson's Guide to Landscape Painting" for anyone interested in learning about how to paint in the great outdoors.






This is off of Old State Street north of Springville, Utah. I did the whole thing with my palette knife, rather than my paintbrush.










Center Street in Historic Provo, Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment